As I approach the last year in my 20s and 2016 is coming to an end, I learned a lot more about myself than I thought. I start this journey of finding myself and chasing my passions in all aspects of my life right before I turned 28.
I will 29 in January and the growth I’ve experienced in one year is insane but in a good way. I still have so much more to learn but I’ve come a long way. Here are some of the main things I’ve learned in the past year.
- I’m more confident. I don’t obess about my weight or looks like I used to. If I workout it’s great but if I skip a week I’m ok with that. There’s more to life than just your looks and no matter what I’m confident when I look in the mirror.
- I don’t take life too seriously. The job I have now isn’t my forever job and who knows when and if I’ll ever find that career or if I’ll be my own boss one day. I get up and go to work everyday to collect a paycheck and I go home to work on this brand. I can’t stress about what the next 5 years will look like I just have to live.
- I speak up. I tell people how I feel. I have a right to get angry or be sad. I communicate my frustrations and I don’t worry too much about how people react to them.
- I set goals and crush them. I started making lists of mini goals to achieve and I’m good at accomplishing them. Weather it’s a goal for the day or the week I set the goal and I’m focused on accomplishing them. The next big goal is to buy a house before my wedding in march. Then it will be to not lose my mind at my wedding. Small realistic goals help.
- I’m ok with failure. I’m not going to be an expert or perfect at everything and I will make mistakes. I take those mistakes and learn from them as well as own up to those mistakes. Failing isn’t a bad thing.
There is so much more I can list but those are the basics of what I learned this year so far. With a couple of weeks left in 2016 I’m focusing on my 2017 goals and that has a lot to do with getting uncomfortable. I’m going to get out of my comfort zone which will be terrifying but great at the same time.
What have you learned about yourself in 2016? Let me know in the comments