It’s that time of the week again and I can’t believe it’s already been 4 weeks of my learn something everyday challenge. It’s crazy how fast times flies by.
Here are some things I learned this week;
- There is a new feature on gmail with boomerang that helps you write the perfect email. As your writing it will give you stats on the likely hood of someone reading it, the word count, and question count.
- You can have health insurance under two different coverages. Let me explain. I currently have health insurance from my day job and my fiancé has coverage from his company. When we get married I can get on his coverage while keeping my coverage and then If one of the companies doesn’t cover a certain Doctor I have the other one to use.
- In NY and NJ you can become a business broker by just waking up one day and printing out business cards. You don’t need any kind of special licenses.
- If you have bad credit it doesn’t matter how much money you have in savings you will not be approved for a mortgage.
- I started taking time to read again and I’m now reading a book on Ibooks called murder on the mind. It’s a good one and it’s free.
- Car inspections are a lot quicker than they were in the past. It took 5 min and I don’t have to go again for 2 years. Woo hoo.
- One on one meetings with your manager are necessary for communication in the office. I have weekly one on ones at my day job and it really helps me feel more comfortable communicating in the office.
What have you leaned this week? Let me know in the comments.