This is the 2nd week of my challenge to myself to learn something new every day and I can’t believe how many interesting things I’ve learned so far.
Here’s the list and let me know if/what you learned this week in the comments.
- When it comes to living that healthy fit life 70% of it is dieting and only 30% is gym. Apparently abs aren’t made in the gym they are made in the kitchen.
- The site Etsy is a great place to find a homemade birthday gift. I got my best friend (who lives in a different state) a wine glass that says “never too far to wine together” with the 2 states we live in on it. Cute, affordable, and the perfect way to describe our friendship.
- Gmail has a feature called boomerang where you can schedule emails in advance and track them to make sure people open your emails. This is probably not new to the rest of the world but it is to me.
- Trello is a really good app to help you track projects and keep you organized with work stuff.
- There is a such thing as a golf clap where people clap really softly.
- There is a middle finger emoji.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Skype are all banned in China. Speaking of China, to all my fellow documentary addicts I recommend watching AI Weiwei; Never Sorry on Netflix. AI Weiweis work and life will inspire you.
That’s it for this week. Let me know if you learned anything this week in the comments.
The challenge continues…