Here are a few things I’ve tried to do when I was sad or upset to help me calm down and sometimes they work.
- Talk a walk– getting out of the house or an office to get some fresh air really clears my head.
- Cuddle with your pet– I have 2 pugs who I love like they are human children. I can always count on them to put me in a better mood.
- Clean your room or office– whenever I’m disorganized at work or home my brain gets disorganized as well. Once I clean up and organize my stuff, my life feels more organized.
- Listen to music– music always helps me in any situation. Putting my headphones on and blasting my favorite songs helps me tune out the world and just relax for a little while.
- Watch a movie– depending on what I’m upset or sad about I can usually find a movie that can relate to what I’m going through.
- Visit the library– the library is my happy place. I love to read and it’s a great place to write and get some work done. I’ve also met some pretty cool people at the library.
- Dance it out– there’s nothing I love more than a good dance party to make me feel better. Dance parties are always a great way to start your day in the right mindset. I’m a horrible dancer but I don’t care. Plus my body just starts moving when I hear a good song.
These are just some things that I’ve done when I’m upset or sad. I just have to start reminding myself of these things when I’m upset to help me.
What are some things you do when you’re upset to feel better?