Becoming the best version of myself is one of the main goals on this journey to being a boss. These past couple of months I have been putting a lot of energy into being a better person. In order to do that I have to make this a full time job.
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
I took a look at my daily routine and made some minor adjustments that have really helped me in becoming more whole as a person. Here are some small changes I’ve made that might help you as well;
- Turn off all electronics after 8 PM. Every night I make sure to turn off the TV, silence my IPhone and not look at any emails or social media sites after 8PM. My body would be so tired at the end of the day but my mind would keep me awake until 2 AM just with the distraction of my iPhone, computer and TV. This has helped me turn my brain off and get a better nights sleep.
- Waking up early. Since I wasn’t getting a lot of sleep at night I would sleep late and start my day in the early afternoon. With this wacky sleep schedule I started to become lazy and unmotivated. Waking up early makes me feel more productive during the day and I can end my days a lot earlier.
- Working out in the morning. I used to work out at night after a long day because it helped keep my sanity from the day. Working out at night would keep me more energized and I would get really hungry late at night. When I work out in the morning it gives me an extra boost of energy (with my coffee) during the day and after a long day I get tired around a decent time.
- Thinking positive. My mind tends to automatically go to a negative place when something doesn’t happen as quickly as I would like. I also talk myself out of doing things. Making sure my mind is always positive has helped me achieve some goals to becoming a better person.
- Getting out of my comfort zone. I started to do things I wouldn’t normally do like reach out to people on LinkedIn for some advice on my career path and my life in general. The more uncomfortable I am the more I learn and can grow.
This list is just a start to help me become the best verison of myself that I can be. I’m making sure that I am putting all my energy and focus into becoming the best me so I can finally live the best life possible. You need to take time and work on yourself to be able to live the most authentic, happy life that you deserve.
“Working on the business of me.”
What are some tips that you’ve done to make sure you are becoming the best verison of yourself?